Saturday 19 February 2011

Splash



 I decided to have a go at a more monochrome, less busy LO...so this is whites and blues.  I had a go at splashing some watered down distress ink in the corner with  a brush.  I fake stitched around the papers (I should get me sewing machine out!!) - you make holes with a needle and then join them up with a white gel pen, and it looks fairly realistic, take a look at the close up.  I also made a paper version of that really nice rose ribbon, I haven't managed to get my hands on any yet, so I twisted and crumpled the paper and thought it gave a wavey 3d effect to the photo, I will work out a little tutorial on this and load it up.  This is another holiday shot with the underwater camera, which I can't recommend highly enough as we got some great pictures of the kids.  Thanks for popping by, and here are the close ups.


13 comments:

  1. I just love everything about this layout, but I particularly love your paper rose ruffle. Good for you making them yourself - I think they look better than the ones I have bought! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page, I love it all. Well done on the paper roses :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your gorgeous layout particularly the fake stitching - I keep doing real handsewn stuff LOL! Also adore those flowers they look fantastic on the page and I envy anybody who manages white space - I just have this need to fill the page - can't help it LOL!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab LO with lots of gorgeous details.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a beautiful LO the details are amazing thank you so smuch for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i thought that was the rose ribbon until i read on!! Super layout, the colours are perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic page. I love the colours and the paper rose ribbon looks ace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo...am loving your layout Kat. Very aquatic! *Ü* Love the colour, the photo AND those paper roses. In fact, I LOVE it all. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your rose ribbon looks fantastic - will be keeping an eye out for your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous LO & beautiful paper ribbons
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful LO. Like the idea of false stitching and like the way you've woven ribbon through the punched border. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning LO! I love the simplicity and the monochrome colour scheme. The faux rose ribbon is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails