Friday 18 March 2011

Cherish


This is only the 2nd photo I have scrapped of me when I was young - my Dad took this photo and used to develop all his pictures too - this is a scanned image of one of them.  So there I am just after my 4th birthday (the story goes that sent my Mum into labour), the very proud big sister of my brother - yep his birthday is the day after mine.  The other bit of information included in the journalling envelope is that I am wearing my sisters dress and my sister was wearing my clothes which suprised my Mum when we got to the hospita.  The papers I have used are sassafras indie girl, and I used the Sarahs Card monthly challenge sketch for the LO. I made some water distressed flowers, and stickled them around the edges, I also cut some flowers from one of the sheets of paper and added some roses that I had picked up too - I cut of the stalks and then curled them around a cocktail stick and added them into my group of flowers.  I had seen some beautiful paper beads on the jillibean soup blog - I think I have something similar made by Suze Wineberg and dunked in UTEE - so will have to try that too.  I threaded the beads with some string - yep another way to attach string to you LO, attach it with beads. The title is a fabric sticker I have had for ages, but it seemed to go really well with the picture, here are the close ups.




14 comments:

  1. oooh a beautiful layout with so much to look at. All those glittery flowers and beads, just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love EVERYTHING about this layout. Really enjoying your blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow gorgeous page! Love those paper beads they are so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout and the close ups - so much information in the detail - wonderful stuff!

    Hope you have a great weekend - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout, the flowers and beads are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. This page is stunning.. I love everything about it.


    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning LO - really lovely photo too, wish we had some from when I was young, I am just scrapping one of me aged 6 right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your LO's are so amazing. There's always a new technique to learn on them like the paper beads x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW, it's just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous layout, love the beads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty colours and lovely tiny details. Loving the paper beads and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the flowers - so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous page :) I love all the flowers they are so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous LO! I love all the little details on your layouts. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails