Tuesday 28 June 2011

Dr Watson

 This is one of my favourite LOs and I used it for my survival LO this week on Ukscrappers.  The picture is of my DS dressed as Dr Watson for his school production of Olivia.  He did a great job and really enjoyed it - he's not a huge out going character so I was so impressed and proud of him as he practiced and acted out his part.

The LO is made using some Memory Stor papers, I used the Tim Holtz (TH) clock mask and spritzed it with my own combination of distress inks mixed up.  I inked the doily and ruffled all the paper edges.  I die cut some cogs from silver mirror card and then inked them with brown stazon to make them look old.  I used the TH swirl die and leaves die, the flowers are prima which with some buttons stitched on.  A maya road chipboard bird covered in paper, and some metal embellishments from a large kit, the marcasite one is from my Grandma's button tin!  A little bit of lace and I stamped some TH images for the tickets and dragon fly.  I used the TH alphabet for the title and crackle painted it and dropped some perfect pearls on it too...and tied the first letters with string.

Once again, thanks for voting and why don't you hop over and see this weeks LOs in the gallery.




9 comments:

  1. This is a really great layout! SUCH a cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout. I love the vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout. It's beautiful! You've included so many wonderful touches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! The neutral palate is perfect for the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To say it's stunning doesn't seem enough, but it really is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the distressed/vintage look and all those flowers, gorgeous sutty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous LO Katherine. I love the neutral colours and vintage theme :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout, love the vintagey feel to it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the vintage look to this LO. Such gorgeous embellishments as usual! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails