Friday 5 August 2011

Stars


I made my DS pose for some photos and here is one of them...I have some funny faces too that I will have to scrap. 

 I used a mixture of papers for this one - not sure where the die cut sheet came from I think it is MME, but the other papers are Cosmo Cricket Togetherness and October Afternoon - Fly a Kite with a jillibean soup journalling circle.  The stars are cut with a cuttlebug set of dies, and the rocket is by sizzix.  With the offcuts from the stars I cut I used it as a stencil to paint stars on the paper.  There is a bit of bubble wrap print and some printing using corrugate card.  The scalloped edge to my papers was done using a corner rounder punch - you take the guard off and then it works as a great edger.  I used some of the circles from the die cut background sheet on this too.  The other punch I have used is Martha Stewart double loop punch for around the photo.  I used lots of black gel pen on this and doodled around the stars and circles, and then for the word 'stars' I just added some white gel pen dots.  No flowers on this LO, but I have some more string....with knots tied in it....there really are lots of uses for it on a LO (:))






12 comments:

  1. There is so much detail in this page, the 3D stars, all those borders and the knotted string - great idea xx the sun is shinning here this morning so we're hoping for a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab LO - just love those stars and the rest of your embellies.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweetie

    I love the use of the punches on this layout - absolutely gorgeous and the bright summery feel as well! Hope you're having a great day

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout Kat. You are so creative and I love how you have combined lots of papers from different companies but they all match up beautifully. It's no wonder you won on UKS recently. Congratulations. *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic layout. Love string too, esp good for male layouts don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at that cute face :) great layout, you put such interest in it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous LO, I love all those layered border strips and the knotted star bunting :)

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such amazing detail, and such a cute photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This LO is gorgeous! Love what you did with the stars and the paint!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the detail in this layout - stars work so well with boy pages.
    Helen S

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic LO love the detail :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails