Tuesday 9 August 2011

You love to Climb

This LO is another park shot from Mothering Sunday, this park has some super climbing frames and with a bit of a hand we got both of them up the frame and ready to pose for a photo.  The papers I have used for this are from Cosmo Crickets Social club.  I created the diecut from one of my stencils and then edged it with blue paper which I cut around with scalloped scissors.  There is quite a bit of stitching on this LO, I wanted to have a go at some free stitching (which I think means taking the foot of your machine - if it dosen't - that is what I did).  I stuck some hessian having frayed it a bit on the page and then stitched around it.  I layered up lots of different strips behind the photo and added the stitched lines across the edge of the die cut.  I've seen lots of little flags so with a cocktail stick, some paint and old book pages and a stamp I made myself some.  I also added some blue paint splots that I sprinkled some embossing powder on and gently heated.  The title is jillibean soup corrugated card and cosmo cricket mini alphabet.  I covered the corrugated alpha in blue paint and then dry brushed green and then white paint on the edges, a few buttons and this is the result.  Not so much time for crafting at the moment, but lots of photo taking of my kids - I'll have a big photo order soon :)  

Also if you want some inspiration then there are classes to do on the home page of ukscrappers each week during the summer all in pdfs that you can download.





12 comments:

  1. Nice LO. The photo of your boys is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the burlap! It really adds a lot of texture to your layout. And the stitching is fantastic. I love the random lines and swirls. The whole thing is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Layout- I have tried to machine stitch onto layouts and cards but i can never get it to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to scrap again, you inspire me with all your lovely LO's.
    This is just wonderful, so much to look at. I've wondered what would happen if I left the foot up on my machine too...I like the result!
    Great use of hessian too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fab LO - I love your attention to detail, the stitching is super.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't boys just love to climb!! great lo love the burlap and all the stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful page! love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice layout! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous hun - another beautiful layout, still doing hand stitching on mine haven't been brave enough for machine stitching but keep meaning to have a go when I see your gorgeous layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! It's the attention to detail that really stands out :) how on earth do you stitch in such straight lines on the sides lol. A truly stunning layout

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow-I love this layout-love machine stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much detail, I'd love to hear how you decide what to put on a LO. Gorgeous, boyish LO.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails