Thursday 8 September 2011

Catching Waves


We have lots of summer shots of us all body boarding, it did end up getting a little too rough for the kids to go in and board, but the adults enjoyed it then.  This is another LO from my Scrap Rat Kit using the MME, Breeze paper, and some Echo Park, Victoria Gardens and Pink Paislee resistables.  I started this LO with mounting the photos on some white card and then arranging them on the green papers to work out how large the rectangles needed to be.  I then cut some of the large and medium resistable fabric to go under the photos.  To create the blue edge I punched some 1 inch circles and masking taped them and the fabric inside a pizza box to act as a mask on the the fabric and then spritzed them with some home made broken china mist.  Once this had dried (which was fairly quickly I then went over the line with some blue stickles).  I worked out where my papers and photos were going on the MME paper and did a little bit of cutting with a craft knife in the top right and bottom left hand corners...also I realised my papers would cover a beautiful butterfly so I cut out the area of paper that would be behind my green rectangles sand cut out the butterfly which I glittered and stuck on the page.  I added some white acrylic prints using some corrugated card, and stitched and ruffled all my papers.  I made some toothpick flags out of the off-cuts of paper and spritzed my mistable title with the peacock blue mist, and then flicked a few bits around the page. I curled and ruffled and stitched all my bits of paper, and gathered the mistable fabric so it rippled, added a few of the brads and this is what I came up with.  I will try and do a little tutorial for the mistable flower that I made - just need a sunny day :)

11 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUCH a pretty layout!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous, lovely colours.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a beautifully colored title, love the variation in color

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooooooo I love this. The colors are amazing and the design fab-o!!! Total yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely colours, lovely photos, lovely layout!! I have lots of photos of the boys on boogy boards that i need to scrap too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love this! So striking. The painting is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours! Bodyboarding looks great fun, I've always wanted a go haha x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fab page Sutty, love the colours in this Scrap Rat kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! love the colours and those toothpick flags - too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails