Monday 26 September 2011

Lego



This is a LO from Handmade Hannah grab box, I've used some of the crate paper toybox and portrait papers and also echo park country drive.  The die cuts and stickers are crate paper portrait and toybox and the alphabet is pink paislees mistables.  I started this with my shot of my youngest playing with his new lego fire station - lego is big in my house and this was his birthday present from us and there were LOTS of bags, but he happily sat down and started building it all.  I layered my papers up and marked the area where I put them in pencil.  Next I used my prima brick mask and sponged gesso (also in Hannah's shop) onto the paper, once dried (I did help it along with a heat gun) I then added some splats of red glimmer mist (this is also what I spritzed onto the lego title).  Whilst it was completing it's drying I inked and ruffled and stitched the edges of my papers - I put the photo in one of the toybox die cuts and stitched some zig zag on that and added a year sticker tab.  Once dry I put my papers back where they were meant to be, and then started adding the embellishment die cuts, and some pompom ribbon and a maya road doily. I stuck the fire engine and helicopter and number six down with foam pads to give a little more dimension here are a few more close ups - with all the die cuts this was quite a quick LO for me...and I still managed to get some paint and mists on it :)




21 comments:

  1. What a lovely layout. I really like the mask you have used and all of the Crate Paper pieces. The woodgrain paper works so well too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great layout. I love the gesso brickwork - now that's an idea I have to try. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect range for your theme. Love those gesso bricks too and the faux polaroid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LO, am loving the use of gesso! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great layout, love the brick mask, perfect for the theme of the layout. Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you've tied all the elements in with the toy Lego theme...The brick mask is such a cool idea :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this layout! Absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great page! That little touch of gesso/brick is a wonderful accent :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, Lego was big in our house too. Great layout, love all the layers and the boyish embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this!!! Fantastic layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow a fantastic layout, all the layering is fab....my middle son absolutely loves lego!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like this LO! I love the bricks and the embellies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stunning ... You're so so creative

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun, wonderful page. I love the details.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun layout! I've had my eye on that brick mask.....love the effect you got. I might just have to put that on my list of must haves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant LO, love the brick gesso sections, they really finish the page :) Great colours, just LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous layout!!! love the brown paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another amazing layout. I always love your titling and journaling.... and the little details. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cute are your brick accents.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails