Friday 23 September 2011

Rose Flower tutorial

This tutorial is another mix of things that I have seen on the web, but it dosen't really require anything  more than paper and scissors and glue...you can add some distress ink colour if you like too.

So here are all the bits you need, a scrap of paper, scissors, glue and some distress ink which is optional.
Cut out 4 rough circles getting smaller
Make 5 triangular snips into the circles for the petals - dosen't matter how even you are or if one petal is narrower than the other.
To round off the corners just snip them off and this gives you more rounded petal shapes
Ink the edges, for this flower I have used tea dye distress ink, the ones on the LO were using broken china.
Using a cocktail stick curl each of the petals under except for the smallest flower
The smallest flower becomes the bud centre, so you pull the petals up and twist them a little - I use a bit of glue to try and make it stay together
Then add a bend upwards at the base of each of the petals so the flower takes on a basket like shape
Add a dot of glue to the centre of the largest flower and layer up the flowers, off setting them as you go.




Use the cocktail stick to hold the flower together until the glue starts to stick it
I also pull up the petals a little bit more and shape them
You can then add any glitter or rock candy to make dew drops.  Hope you have enjoyed it and please link me in if you have a go at this as I would love to see your creations.

I also have some exciting news as my LO Toastin' that I did based on the color room pallette is one of their featured LOs...really excited.

20 comments:

  1. I love the way you've shaped these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tutorial - you make it look so easy! congrats on your feature Lo too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you thank you thank you - must have a go SOON! and well done on your LO - it was very gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful and a wonderful tutorial!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome flower tutorial!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic tutorial! And congrats on your layout being featured! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being featured and your flower turned out beautiful! Krafthead~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the layout :D Gorgeous rose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome tutorial, thank you for sharing! I'm always a sucker for paper flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know me Sutty, of course I'll be trying these. Super tutorial, thanks, I always visit here if I'm looking for new flowers to try :)
    Huge congrats on being one of the Colour Rooms featured LO's :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo I like that, will have to have a go. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. How perfect are these in that music print paper!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic flower & great tutorial too. Congrats on having your LO featured too.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty :), the music score paper makes all the difference to the finished flower :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tutorial, I have seen similar but this makes the whole process so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a great tutorial! I will have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another great tutorial! TFS
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails