Wednesday 2 November 2011

Family


Here is my 1st page made using the gorgeous November Scrap Rat Kit - it was lovely opening the box and seeing all the goodies and this month has lots of my favourite colours in it - the blues and teal green and some news print and that's just the papers.  As I am doing Shimelles's pretty paper party I had to have a go at the patchwork prompt she gave us, plus with the photo and the title (which came off a stamp) it all worked so well!  This is a shot of all of us on the tree walk at Kew Gardens...beautiful views but quite high up.  I started my page with a wash of peacock blue cosmic shimmer and added a few splats - to make it go further I used a fair amount of water on my brush. I wanted to try the diamond star shape, which I have seen on a few quilts, so cut out several diamonds in 2 sizes from different pieces of papers.  I then stitched around them.  I added a small group of flock rub ons in the corner of the photo - they are lovely and furry.  The flowers were in the kit, and I made some leaves out of the papers - I scored veins on them and inked them with green distress ink and some brown memento ink.  I die cut the family title, used the alpha stickers for the rest and then a couple of the other Echo Park stickers in the pack.




22 comments:

  1. Gasp - what a gorgeous layout I love love love that patchwork effect! And my favourite colour palette too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh this is just stunning. I just adore your work. Marleen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely LO and great inspiration. I just made a patchwork card the other day so it must be in the air at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow gorgeous page hun, just love all the details you have included brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that is a fabulous page!
    And what a great photo of the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic!!! Love how the patchwork came out!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic!!! I absolutely love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is great quilt work and I love how you've placed it in your design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow just love the patchwork, as with the hexagon layout, they are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely.... and further proof I need to stop being scared and pull out my sewing machine and learn to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the patchwork design..great LO!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome page! Inlove that you actually stitched around the pieces just like a real quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the page. I love how you have done the patchwork

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous, I love colours. I would love to scraplift this page :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout, colours and sentiment/title

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooo you've done it again sutty, another favourite of mine! The patchwork stars are just brilliant and I love the connection they have with the title :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic layout! Love the elements and papers you chose. I'm loving this "party", aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your work is fantastic, you hit the balance between inky/painty/messy and pretty and neat perfectly. I love this patchwork effect so much.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic layout, really lovely.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails