Tuesday 8 November 2011

One Sunny Afternoon




This is another page using the Scrap Rat November kit, and I tried a grid style page for this one (which is very hard to photograph with out the gridlines looking a bit wonky as you have to be absolutely straight - so apologies).  I lightly drew the lines on with pencil and then stitched over them adding the odd bit of zig zag too.  It's quite a stitching page - my first time stitching photos (normally I don't touch the photos), I used up various pieces of paper that I had already cut into to make the squares and inked and stitched around them.  I made my own embellishment heart and stitched around this (I did machine stitch it 1st but it didn't look right, so I then hand stitched in the machine stitch holes).  

I used one square for my journalling, then added some of those 3D circles baubbleish embellishments - they are 2 circles creased down the middle, and stitched through the centre (I lightly glue then stitch them) and I used the prima alphabet in this square too.  Next one along and I had my pinking shears out to so some edging and used one of the flock rubons, down to the next line a Happy sticker from echo park mounted and edged with my pinking shears and stuck on 3D foam and a little flower and gem.

A few more shots from our canoe trip of everyone in the boat having lots of fun...still couldn't work out whether it was the kids or the adults who were more excited about getting out on the water :)





24 comments:

  1. Brilliant page. So many little details to look at

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really beautiful! such wonderful texture here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely LO, beautiful photos to, like the colors you have chosen, really lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a stitcher from way back. I love how you did this layout. Congrats on stitching the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page -love all of the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing stitching and a great way to use up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic grid layout Sutty, all the stitching looks just wonderful...especially on the photos :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this page is amazing! Makes me sad about not having a sewing machine... (Not that I would know how to use it anyway :p).

    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make me want to try something like this. Guess I'll have to pull out that sewing machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you've done here!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab idea for using up scraps, love it, gorgeous page too.
    c
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your pretty stitching details. I went canoeing the other week, more difficult to control than a kayak I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  14. a fab page - just love the stitching detail and the grid effect x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, how beautiful. Love all your details. Such beautiful product your using. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful grid and stitching work so well together

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic layout! I love the grid and all the stitching on the light background. Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. STUNNING Lo!!! Love it and might lift it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your grid design, the sewing, the colors, the layering - great page!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this layout!I love the way my eye wanders over all the elements towards the big photo at the bottom.It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is amazing I love all of the fine deatil..wow

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow love the stitching lovely page :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails