Saturday 24 December 2011

Hot chocolate


My first instagram photo on a page!  Quite so big the quality of the photo isn't soo good, but I love the grainy effect it gives.  So for this page a complete mix of supplies...mostly Crate Papers Farmhouse (I love it :)) and some Tim Holtz tissue tape and my doily stamp.  I started with the photo, and matted this on brown card stock and then inked and ruffled the edge.  I cut out a few contrasting pieces of paper from the farmhouse range and inked, ruffled and stitched them.  I used my EK success circle book punch down the edge of one.   I also added a glassine pocked for journalling behind the photo (courtesy of another of Hannah's beautiful kits) and a K and Co journal tag (I just found the book in my stack...it had been lost for some time!).  The green lace was from Art from the Heart's beautiful packaging and I added some twine here.  Under the photo I used one of the offcut strips that are on the bottom of the farmhouse papers, and some prima lace too.  

I meant to stamp my doilies before I stuck the paper down....however I didn't remember and couldn't get the papers off easily! So I masked the area and stamped them....but that left a large gap (don't ask) so I used one of the crate paper stamp edge stickers to cover it!  I piled up some chipboard embellishments in the corners, and some of the paper ones....adding some stitched swirls of steam from the cups, I used some mini tags on the other side and decorated them...then a bit of tissue tape in the top corner with some vintage buttons and a few splatters of glimmer mist to each corner.  There you go my 1st instagram page.

The photo is of my kids enjoying a hot chocolate at the end of the pier where my Grandma lives....when we visit they love to walk down the pier and stop for a drink...it's all covered and you can look out to sea - so it was lovely to catch this moment in a photo.





I want to wish you and your families all a fantastic Christmas

6 comments:

  1. Great layout Sutty!
    Have a lovely Christmas with your family!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas to you and yours too
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous LO. I love the way you have used the tissue tape and buttons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, I really love this LO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous LO Katherine, love the layers and patterned papers :) Lovely.
    Happy New Year, and thanks for all of your lovely comments this past year :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails