Friday 10 February 2012

Candy Floss - We Scrap


Here is my first page as Guest Designer over at We Scrap, I made it with the lovely North Shore kit, there is lots of beautiful MME goodness in it.  



The photos are from a fair we went to last year (I only just re-found them!) and we have some lovely shots of the kids with the most enormous piles of candy floss - it's amazing stuff the way it fluffs up and then goes to nothing in your mouth.  Thankfully neither of them could finish the enormous quantity of floss that they were given, but it was their first time tasting it and something they loved.

Inspiration - don't have a clear idea for where this came - I have seen lots of framed pages on my blog browsing so I thought I would have a go and the ticket paper worked perfectly for this, I liked the way the browns pulled out the lovely pink of the candy floss.

I started the page layering up the papers, using both sides, bit of distressing and fluffing of the edges to roughen them - even used some of my poundland sanding blocks!  I made a paper ribbon below the photo by folding the paper up onto some tape, I then stitched through it to hold it.  I cut the journal tag out of the papers and then made a couple of flags and used the funday name on the paper too :).  I added some more twine and a tim holtz ticket and stitched around the edge. Bizarrely for me on this page the stitching was left til near the end which meant that I couldn't stitch around all the papers so I just did the odd bit of zig zag stitch but I really like the effect.  I had a play with my twine and wrote the word candy with it, this took a little while.  I started by lightly writing the word on the page and then covered sections of the word in glue - I worked out where I need to cut the twine and did it a section at a time.  My finishing touches were a few flicks of white acrylic paint (cover the photos as paint is hard to get off them).

There is lots of inspiration going up in the galleries so here is a link for you to have a look.  I will be back with more projects and details later on in the week as I have lots to show you.




15 comments:

  1. So cool to do the title out of twine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab page love the title in twine

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful layout. love the idea of the twine title :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the baker's twine lettering.Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the title out of twine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what pretty bakers twine! Love the color and using it to form your letters. Very cool. Love the photo too - glad you didn't misplace them for long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks amazing!!! Love the result of the candy word!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ditto the twine title- and those are great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the layout and the subtle colours together with the hints of bright pink with the twine. I must say I've never thought to try lettering in this way bet it was tricky getting it to stay in place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving the idea of titles in twine. Fab page.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scrummy layout Kat. *Ü* Love the use of twine for lettering. I too have the Poundland sanding block. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmmm the brown and pink look smashing together, awesome way to use the twine as the lettering :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww, love this Katherine. The candy pink on a neutral card really looks fresh. Great photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the neutral colours with a burst of pink on this LO :) Great title too, really must try writing a title with twine

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails