Tuesday 28 February 2012

Fossil Hunting - We Scrap


The last page I made using my We Scrap kit (tho there is still enough left to make more).

I love this photo, and tried to keep the page fairly masculine, though there is a little twine flower (which I saw on Hannahs site here)!  The shot is my DS next to a massive ammonite fossil that he found quite unexpectedly on the beach....we never find fossils normally even in places where there are meant to be loads, and unfortunately it was too large to take home, so we had to have a photo for the memory instead.  

I started with a mist of the page, I used some of the jillibean soup letters to be the mask for the word fossil, and then added some flicks of blue and white mist.  Once the mist was dry I outlined the word with a white gel pen.  I stitched, inked and layered up a couple of rectangles, and wrapped twine around another strip and stuck them all down.  I die cut several different sized stars using a cuttlebug die, once I had worked out where I wanted them I folded them in half and then stuck them lightly to the page with a repositional glue and stitched down the centres.  I also added a few smaller punched out stars around the paint splats and on the papers.  My twine flower was a tip from my Handmade Hannah, and I think they work well on male pages too (tho I use flowers generally on my boys pages as I can't help myself!).  The word hunting is my favourite Ali Edwards font at the moment welded together and cut out of kraft paper on my craft robo.





21 comments:

  1. You always use such a lovely colour pallet for your pages the blue and brown work beautifully together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout!! Very nice masculine page, love the stars :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all the details and the stars are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nice LO. I love the misting and paint splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masculine layout, they are really hard to do!
    It's lovely!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Love the hanging stars and the splatters on the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful natural hues and love how you did the title too. We never find fossils but that must have more than made up for it that day!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodnss, I love this layout! I love all the detail and layers. You did a splendid job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. FANTASTIC!!!! LOVE the misting and those stars!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great design and the lovely washed out tones of the papers you used really compliments the theme and photo. LOVE the layered stars look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You create the most stunning pages

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Very masculine and lots of texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the papers and those hanging stars look great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great page, I have photo's like this waiting for me to do also! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is a fabulous layout....isn't that a fun kit??

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you've managed to keep the page masculine it really does the photo justice, a beautiful page as always Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is gorgeous, love the starts.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect 'boy' page!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great layout! I love the stars especially, but it's all terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I looooove this LO, as usual!! The kraft colour looks terrific on such a greyish background!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails