Sunday 11 March 2012

Can my Photo be here?


My son pointed out that I hadn't done that many pages of him (as the last couple have been of his brother!)...so I dug through the photos and used this one from a half term trip into London.  He is such a sweetheart as he appreciates my need for photos, so he now chooses things he wants a photo with, or a place he would like a photo, this was one of them, in the middle of a fairly large granite sculpture!

I used Shimelle's starting point for this page which is the squares of paper and the horizontal ribbon strips.  The papers are from my goodie bag from Crate Paper and they are their Pretty Party collection, these papers are from the 6" pack.  The paper strips are a mix of their stickers and my Martha Stewart double loop punch, the alpha is cosmo crickets brown tiny type and then some of the crate sticker sheet.  There is a dusty attic chipboard swirl which I covered in brown ink and then added some white perfect pearls so it glimmers a little.  I am using up a massive pile of glassine envelopes and behind the photo is my journal pocket (a crumpled glassine envelope) and then I cut a strip and added 3 buttons to it at the bottom of the page.  A little bit of stapling and some Tim Holtz tissue tape, a few flicks of paint and of course the sanding and stitching.  This time I just sanded and I didn't ink as I liked the white effect.  I went for a bright backing paper as I have used lots of white and kraft of late and I wanted to use a bit more colour, plus this greeny/blue is one of my favs in clothing so I thought I would try it out in scrapping too.





Other news is that Amanda Jones is having a vintage blog series starting on the 19th March with lots of inspiration looking at all things vintage (I've done a little bit towards it and am really excited to see it all :))





19 comments:

  1. Dare I click the link lol ... Loving the layout, and such a lovely story behind it. Wha a sweet kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, I love the gentle distressed look you've achieved :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout-the aqua/turquoise colored background really makes everything else pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout. I think it is cute that he is picks where and how he wants his photo taken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love what you have done with this - such a great take on her starting point!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love your layout. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout...and the picture is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your take on her starting point! Beautiful work. Definitely my favorite this go around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colors...and such a sweet photo! Great use of the starting point!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like what you've done here - one of those pages where the more you look, the more you see ... love all the layery bits and buttons and stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there is an award for you on my blog :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the colors, textures, and layering :)

    My younger son gets more layouts than the other- he just loves the camera (and it him). The other one tries to avoid or gets all "fake" *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute layout! I love all the layers and little touches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a nice layout. So nice that your son wants you to document him :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the layout Kat...everything about it. I hope the photoshoots will last...as my grandchildren get older, they get more 'shy'! *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that is lovely Kat, my son unfortunately is still doing the "run away from Mum she's got the camera out again" routine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your colours, I'm a turquoise girl too and the pps are gorgeous. Such a cute story from your DS too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous layout, love those colours.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails