Saturday 17 March 2012

Scrapology Card Challenge


Somehow I missed posting this earlier in the week, here is a card I made for the card challenge over at the scrapology blog this month.  The challenge is to use a digital stamp, something which I have never done before, but it was actually really straightforward and great as you could size the image to fit on the card, it would be great for decoupaging too (but just one step at a time).  We were sent a stamped image from Charmed Cards and Crafts to use, so here is mine.  I used it for a birthday card for my niece as she loves pink and princesses :)

The papers are kaisercraft - Miss Nelly, and I used a small doily for the background too, so it didn't get too pink.  I coloured the images in using my distress inks.  I just added some distress ink to my craft sheet (non-stick baking mat) and then added a little bit of water until the colour was the right depth for me, then painted it onto the image.  I also did the same with the stickles - added it to my craft sheet and then watered it down a little.  The flowers are made from a mix of the papers and some old book paper, and I cut out some leaves from the book paper and painted these green too.

This definitely took me out of my comfort zone as I rarely show the cards I make, and rarely use pink and princesses!  I hope you enjoy it.  There is even more gorgeous inspiration over on the blog so click here to have a look.


13 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! The doily is such a great touch, and I just love those cute little flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You SHOULD make more cards- this one is lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw that's beautiful xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. At last the finished card I like the pen etched effect and the combo with the pink. I see you got more of those cute flowers you'll have to show me how you make them.
    Thanks for the award by the way

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card I love your roses. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the doily! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card turned out really pretty.
    I have a problem with digis as I never know what size to do, so I have to do a trial run .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! That image is so cool looking and I love all the texture/layers on the finished card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stepping outside your comfort zone resulted in a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure your neice will absolutely love this card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! And I LOVE those little flowers and your painted leaves in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've done great with the digi, love the sweet little homemade embellishments too ....definitely you're signature flower :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails