Sunday 29 April 2012

I heart snow




Here is one of 3 pages that I did as guest designer at A Trip Down Memory Lane this month.  The galleries focus is on BoBunny papers and I was sent the beautiful Serenity collection.  The papers are based on Chinese designs with lots of Cherry Blossom, and the colours are really rich (I particularly like the turquoise blue paper - it's beautiful).  Despite the papers being very Spring like I decided to show that you could use them on any occasion so I choose one of my snow photos as the colours in my son's hat go really well with the red in the papers.

For this page I kept the photo very central and I layered up lots of snippets of the different papers behind the photo, inking and distressing the edges.  I cut out a banner at the base which I stitched and placed the title on.  I'm also enjoying adding strips to the top and bottom of my pages with little decorations, so I stitched some on.  I punched lots of snowflakes out of a glassine bag, and then lightly stuck them on with repositional glue, once I had done this I stitched through them to hold them in place.  The final additions were my stamped title and some blue and red flicks of cosmic shimmer.

The gallery is packed with fantastic projects using other ranges from BoBunny so if you would like some inspiration click here and there is a sketch challenge on the blog too...I'll be back with a page that I made on that too :)






18 comments:

  1. Oh that's lovely Kat, I'm loving all the white space on the page, really draws your eye to the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous-simple but lots of little details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple yet ........... well as always its great I get a bit scared of space. I guess it comes from my A level Art days when we were told, "fill the paper fill the paper" It sets off the photo beautifully as well. I know what the word I was looking for at the beginning 'stylish2

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like all the white space on your layout sprinkled with little dots of colour and snowflakes - it looks like it's really snowing on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snowflakes are very effective!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a fresh page Kat - its lovely, all the white space and the snowflakes really do make it look like its snowing x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layout! I adore the snowflakes - it really does look like it's snowing on your beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout, simple, clean and very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a stylish page. Love all the space it has, and it really draws your eye to the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heart snow but not in April lol love the little details like the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sutty...sorry to have been such an absent follower on your blog :0(
    I adore all the yummy white space on your layout and all the distressing around the photo frame. Great new look blog too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I love, love the delicate detail of the snowflakes and how they are scattered on your layout. So very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so gorgeous! LOVE the tone on tone!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the use of white space on this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the stitching and the texture you've added on the edges of the papers. A lovely page :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. I love your clean style. I especially like your page on Laughter. The picture is great and it just makes me happy !

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails