Thursday 24 May 2012

100% Boy


Here is my page from my Trends on Tuesday post over at A Trip Down Memory Lane.  I had a go at using negatives, and the lovely Crate Paper Random collection with a little Farmhouse thrown in.  The picture is of my son just sat on the edge watching some roller skating in a school hall, and I caught his attention to get the photo.

I started the page with some more scrapes of gesso (I now have an old credit card style card to do the scraping rather than the cardboard).  I also added some watered down flicks in either corner.  I cut a yellow strip of the Farmhouse paper and die cut 4 stars which I then stitched together to make a little banner under the photo.  I stitched all my pieces of paper with black cotton this time so it stood out, and inked the edges.  I added a few more stars and used my favourite abstract flower punch by ek success.   The title fits with my son, as he is definitely a boys boy, though in his own words he does play with tom boys too.






15 comments:

  1. I saw this yesterday on ATDML and thought how lovely it is. I'm not a primary colours fan but those are all so subtle that I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your layout, love the stitching on the stars and the paint and layering it all looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had all the ideas you have when it comes to creating a page!! I am in love with this one, once again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow super work!!! love this

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice! I love how you used the stars and the shapes left after punching. Great effect and super colours. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you framed the photo! Great LO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its another great page how do you get such clear shots and the neat borders to them all so very sharp

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, lovely layout.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. its lovely Kat - I like the paint, and the string of stars..gorgeous photo too x

    Had to smile at your comment about tom boys....my youngest had to pick a dance partner at school and said he didn't pick a girl he picked a tom boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely layout and the denim blue effect background perfect for a boy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm, I love the texture here with all the layering. I need to try this technique more. You did it very artfully

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the star banner and the use of the negative!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this LO. The colours and the way you have done the background are just fab.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails