Thursday 5 July 2012

I have a good Bowl


I made this page and used it for my post on chevrons over at Made by ATDML.  I found a zig zag in the free shapes on my silhouette so went about cutting it out in several different colours from Crate Papers Farmhouse collection (I still love this range :))  I stuck and layered up all my pieces of paper and then stitched around the edge (which also helps hold it on really well as there were so many bits).  I then die cut some stars and tried to carefully match them up with places on the chevron pattern so they were camouflaged - this took some time :D  I think an easier shape would have been a circle or not to have them overlapping lots of different colours and patterns!  I also stitched a little banner of stars too for under the photo.  Again my silhouette for the title - don't worry I didn't staple them on to the photo I stapled them before I stuck them down and then just inked the edges.

So that was the construction of the page, the inspiration mostly came from this page  as I loved the camouflage effect, I will have to have another go as I've just seen this which is totally gorgeous too.

The photo is from the cricket club last year and the title is a quote he came back with from it - he was very proud to be told he had a good bowl, and having watched him play cricket again recently he has obviously listened and learned a lot about bowling from the club.

Also my post on trends is up over at ATDML looking at triangles.




23 comments:

  1. What a totally fun and cheerful LO! Love your colors and chevrons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colours and the zig zags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very colourful, and beautiful - great use of the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this wonderful. such a great photo and I love those bright colours

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how bright and colorful it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i love all those chevrons!! super

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the chevrons and title work.
    Just a fabulous job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this layout! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! Love this LO.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything about this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous layout and loving the colours you have used. Brilliant.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun and colourful layout. Brilliant.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great page,love the bright funky colours. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic LO & a lot more involved than at 1st glance :)
    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photo & fab LO! I love the colours too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great LO ad beautiful summery colours
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, great layout! I love the bold bright colors :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. A fabulous page and just love all the papers

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh gorgeous bright and vibrant page - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely layout, love the bright colours.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. the zig zag effect is brilliant Kat. Great burst of colour.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails