Thursday 19 July 2012

It's Not Nice


This is one of the photos from our Isle of Wight holiday this year...it was very wet, and I didn't realise that the paint stripes I added to the background look a lot like rain too!  We were camping with lots of friends and one family decided to arrange a treasure hunt for us around the island, and this also involved going into the towns and buying items.  My kids had been given ice cream money, and as it hadn't been sunny or warm there wasn't much call to use it so they were very keen to go out and do some spending.  They were both captivated by all the brightly coloured rock, and my youngest bought a beautiful fruity flavoured rock lolly....however he was very disappointed to find out that it was actually a minty/fruity lolly which wasn't what he wanted!  So he put on a sad face for me and then gave it to his brother to finish.

This is my first play with the lovely Simple Stories paper range, it has one of my favourite pieces of rainbow coloured chevron.  I love all the hessian and denim in the papers which work well for boys and girls.  I used the edge of the credit card I use for paint to make the stripes on the background and then layered up my papers which I stitched and distressed.  I added a pocket behind the photo for my journalling and punched out some star confetti with my pound land punch.  The title is also from Simple Stories, and to make the word nice stand out a little more I just went around the edge with a gel pen.



21 comments:

  1. What a great story behind the photo and those paint stripes are so bold and original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous page,love the photo.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great read and your son looks a cutie. Loving the layout and all the different textures and effects.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Layout - love that chevron paper
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the incorporation of paint and all those layers.. fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, its such a great page :-) Elaine -xxx- p.s please pop by and enter my fantastic ribbon candy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That photo is priceless! I love how expressive children can be. Great layout -- love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is super cool- love the dripping paint!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you did the painting. It does look like rain falling. The sprinkling of star confetti is fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the paint stripes!!!! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTE!! Love the confetti stars...and the story!! :D

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  12. So amazing! I love those paint stripes. That solid blue background really makes the photo pop. I'm sure I've said so before but you do amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that the paint looks like rain-great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. a fabulous page and great story

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super story and fabulous layout. Some of those papers I wouldn't have thought to put together, but you made them really work! Love the white stripes you added in the background and it does look like rain especially against the blue. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab as usual. Love the paint, the deep blue paper and the multi-coloured stars.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab layout, this really made me smile, the photo is brilliant
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous page. I love the painty lines against that deep blue background. Lovely texture with the edges of the paper too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the background painting and what a face! Love that you captured that photo. Simple stories is a favorite of mine too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that picture. The LO is brilliant

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails