Tuesday 10 July 2012

Sweet Dreams and some Exciting News



This is an older shot of my eldest son, and I still love it - he is asleep on my shoulder.  The photo was quite orangey so I decided to print it in black and white.

For the page I used Websters Pages In Love range.  I started by drawing 3 circles in the corner of my page in pencil (I used the inside of a roll of masking tape...yes a compass would have been easier).  I then stitched around the circles 3 times and rubbed  out the lines. I punched some circles and then folded in each side - the easiest way to do this is to make a little square template to use on each one and then fold.  I will try and put together a little tutorial on this as it is really easy.  I put the folded circles in lines on the right hand side of the page and then used the punch circle waste behind my photo.  I also created a little folded flower from a strip of paper and doily edge punch (yep another on my list of tutorials to do - it is so quick and easy too), and made some leaves cutting out the shape with pinking shears and embossing some veins on them, then rubbing over distress ink.  I cut out some hearts added lots of stitching and then finished it off with the title and some flicks of white acrylic.  

This is the last page I did for the A Trip Down Memory Lane gallery, though there is a card too.

Saving the exciting news til last;  I am absolutely delighted to have been invited to join the Tando Design Team.  


If you haven't heard of Tando they are a British company that creates beautiful chipboard pieces from 3D objects to pieces for cards and pages, as well as a lovely range of masks.  I'll be back at the end of the month with a page I have just created, here is a link to the blog so you can meet all the other new members of the team and see all the inspiration and you can win some goodies too to celebrate.





http://www.atripdownmemorylane.co.uk/catalog/gallery.php?cid=10&rid=1

25 comments:

  1. This page is so sweet and the colours so soothing! I love how subtle the details are :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet page and soothing colours! I love all the subtle details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your layout is so pretty! and a huge congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw, such a gorgeous page Katherine & one to definately treasure :o))
    Congrats again on joining Tando. I am looking forward to working with you. Best wishes, Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, so sweet! The photo looks great in black and white. I love the circle accents you created. Congrats on the new DT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your use of the punched out circles there - beautiful layout. Congratulations on your new gig!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This page is so amazing! I love how you achieved so much dept and congrats on your team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page! Congrats on your news!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable page! And congrats on the awesome news!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the design team! The layout is lovely. I really like the circles behind the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the cool stitching techniques on here! Gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the new DT spot. Your layout is fabulous and the little details are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the new DT! Love the page, it has such amazing texture!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet, sweet layout!
    And congrats on the dt.
    Cute photo of you on their blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Kat, I'm loving the stitching on the embellishments - the photos is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful page! Congrats on the Tando Creative DT! I'm looking forward to working with you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Katherine and love the page.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the page and congratulations on your design team selection!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great for you! The layout is neat with the circles. Lots of depth as shimelle says

    ReplyDelete
  20. An absolutely gorgeous layout as always and a big well done on that DT role! You so deserve it! Will keep an eye out on what is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done on the DT. Great layout, love the use of scrap waste.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on your design team place.They're very lucky to have you!Great layout-I love all the little boxes and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations!! :)
    Love you page -adorable photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful LO, and congratulations on your new Design Team post.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails