Saturday 25 August 2012

Cawnpore, India


Some more graphic 45 loveliness and one of my favourite photos....I think it was taken in the early part of the last century.  My Grandma is in there, her Dad was a steam train driver and so went out to India with the railways which is where she was born.  Sadly I never knew her, though I did know both her sisters well.

For this page I started with some misting on my cream sheet with a prima clock and swirly circle mask. I gutted one of the Graphic 45 papers, and inked and tore the edges of it a little, and then added some paper lace to one corner, using my doily edge punch and lots of tea dye distress ink.  I again cut a few pieces from the papers including the tea pot and post card and a stamp layering them behind my photo.  I inked up a tag and made a pocket and this contains all the names and a little family history.  The alphabet is Websters pages and a little glitz one and here is a vintage mother of pearl button in the corner too.

For more inspiration with these beautiful papers you can check out the ATDML gallery this month - here is the link.




7 comments:

  1. You did a great job getting a vintagy feel to this. I like the choices of embellies and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was intrigued by the name and had to look it up (we covered a bit of India in our travels but not here it seems). Gorgeous layout showing the photo of beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. an interesting story behind the photo. a lovely page, the postcard looks lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely page! That is an awesome photo! The G45 is the perfect match. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. K what a great design. Such a great set of textures and design elements. Your misting is inspirational! And a lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everythin about this LO is fabulous. There is so much to see

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails