Sunday, 7 October 2012

Tando Birthday Blog Hop - History of Tando - It's on the Fridge

Welcome to Tandos 3rd Birthday Blog Hop - a "History of Tando'.  I am the last hop before you need to go back to the Tando blog, and it's quite fitting as I used one of Tando's first products - the Leaf Flourishes and also one of their most recent - the Works a Part kits called Come Fly with Me.  I created a fridge magnet for today....and being a scrapper I obviously have to have a photo on it. 

I started by covering the chipboard base with white gesso and then layered on some old book pages too.  I spritzed the base with blue patina glimmer mist and also some black glimmer mist and left it to dry.  I painted and covered the banner and hot air balloon in book paper.  Once the paint was dry I added a layer or crackle paint (which didn't work quite as I expected but then I didn't have a thick layer of paint on the base, however it did give me a grainy textured surface that I quite liked - so a happy accident).  I covered the leave flourish with some olive green distress ink and then went around the edge with tea dye.  Once the paint was dry I layered up some paper strips and tissue tape to poke out behind the photo, and added a strip of cream lace to the bottom. I then stuck on my photo and started layering up all the elements (have inked the edges 1st) including my large prima flower, the clouds and bunting. I added a little bull dog clip on the bottom (note for next time make the hole and do this as one of the 1st things) and used some wire to hang it on and then added paper over the back to protect the end.  Last step was to add a magnet to the back - mine is just an old piece where the front of the magnet fell off and I used my strongest tape to stick it on the back with.

I did get my son to write me a note, as I couldn't find the one that he had spontaneously done for me that told me I was the best Mum in the World! These little magnets make great Christmas gifts...even my husband tends to acquire any I make for his magnetic board at a crafty man gift too.

From here please head over to the Tando Blog where you will see the amazing giveaway for taking part - here is a picture of the goodies.

Here is a list of the full hop just incase you get lost on the way or haven't started it yet :)

>>>>>>>you are here >>>>>>>>Katherine


Related Posts with Thumbnails