Monday 19 November 2012

Lego First


Here is my take on the sketch challenge over at the studio and it involved some tags...after seeing some beautiful tag pages at the ATDML retreat here and here I was itching to have a play with some.  I made the 3 large tags at the back, and stitched around them, I then used a few more tags from the journalling sheet in with the pretty party papers (by Crate Paper) - i stitched and layered and added some washi tape as well as a hanger paper clip I found in Tiger.  I added a Tando Chipboard arrow which I covered in paper and attached a paper clip to to hold a little sign saying 'Best Day Ever'.  There are a few camouflaged Martha Stewart butterflies and lots of loose thread, the final bits were some paint flicks - green and yellow cosmic shimmer for those and a few buttons which I swirled the thread behind.  The title is a mix of American Craft thickers and some prima mini letters.

The photo is one of the early shots from my sons birthday, he'd opened all his presents, displayed all the cards and then as is customary in the house the lego building begins!

If you would like to join us over at the Studio and be in with a chance of winning some goodies then here is the link.





20 comments:

  1. Great ayout...love all the layering and embellies used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, the way you used the tags is great and I love all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome page! I love the bright colors and the tags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katherine. Another beautiful page.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, gorgeous layout, I love the paint flicks, and the little hanger, and the threads! I hope my son enjoys lego when he's a bit older (he's one now), what age did your son start to enjoy it? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your page! What a great use of tags.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page. i really love the tons of layers and bright sunny colours.
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving how you used the tags!! super sweet!! Thanks for stopping by today:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tagalicious! I really love this so much. Love the colors and detail - wonderful and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's all about lego in this house too. Although only for my middle son the other two never bothered with it. Super page, don't all those tags look great x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout. Love the layered tags in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so, so lovely. I'm a huge LEGO fan too, so I can empathise with your son. Beautiful colours, lots to look at and a great wee story. The perfect LO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning creation. Those citrus colours really pop and the tags are designed perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute! Love all the tags and that little hanger at the top! xo Evie

    ReplyDelete
  15. This page is incredible. I never know what to do with all those tags on one sheet, usually one use one or two. Love the idea to use them all on one page, I must try this sometime. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love how you've used the paper tags here... what a brilliant layout! Love the colours too...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous pager i just love those tags and the splashes of yellow

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow ♥ love all these tags ♥ and the fresh colors are so pretty

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails