Tuesday 29 January 2013

The cake is on fire



I love Simple Stories and this is their really boy Awesome range of papers which were also in my pack from ATDML.....I feel I have to explain the photo and the title 1st.  It is a shot of my son blowing out the candles on his birthday cake - the photo isn't a good one but it did make us smile as the cake looks positively a blaze and it's not like he is a teenager or even near yet!

I die cut the words out using a mix of fonts on my silhouette and then backed it with some brown cardstock.  I mounted the photo on some vellum and slotted behind it one of the bingo cards and added some of the sticker tapes that come on the sticker sheet.  I cut out Live life on the edge from one of the 6 by 4 pieces and made my own journal card - using the sticker sheet as a template to make the slightly more fancy tab.  I ran a couple of lines of stitching down the main die cut piece and just embellished with stickers.  It was a really quick page to put together, which the papers really lend themselves too as all the fancy bits are in the designs.

I've still got some more creations to show....so I'll be back with some more soon and I have a page up on Created by ATDML today too here.




18 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout Kat, loving that photo - yes it does look ablaze!!!! Ooh you've got a silhouette, I keep threatening to buy a die cutting machine that's computerised (only got a Big Shot) but don't know which to do for so was interested to see what on the layout you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I loved the amusing story behind it.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This page made me smile - great storytelling on here. Love the layering and stitching xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, now that's a cake. LOL! Wonderful layout too! Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the layering you've done! This layout is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout I love the journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the layout and love the variation in sizes of the text. Colours are great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did with this photo. I think it's great when we can use a photo that wasn't really what we planned on and really make it something fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great title, it really does look like a fire :) I love all the fonts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo & layout, the title made me think of the Kings of Leon song :D
    C x

    ReplyDelete
  11. sure does look ablaze!! great page.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun photos, and that cake does look like it is fully ablaze. title works great and I love those collection of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely, lovely page and I must try making a title like your one - super idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great scrap page - and what a blaze! Thanks for stopping by my blog, Jx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails