Monday 18 March 2013

The Orbit


 I recently discovered some of my Olympic photos....which I hadn't scrapped (hangs head ashamedly) so this is my page for this weeks sketch over at the Studio (which is based on one of Daphne's lovely pages) and using some of my favourite Glitz papers (however with all that I am still not that sure about the page - don't know what somewhere in the the combination of colour and photo - or it could be something else!).

I cut out and embossed some more hexagons with the cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder, I also embossed my thin yellow strip (by very carefully cutting a small slit in the hinge of my embossing folder!).  I layered up all my pieces as per the sketch, had a go with my glitz roller stamp with white ink on vellum (love that effect) and added some more chevrons to the piece.  I scattered some sequins and had a go at some stitched arrows too - they are really easy to sew - I made my self a little template and then stuck it with washi on the page, punched through the holes with my needle and then stitched in blue embroidery thread.  The last few bits were some Simple Stories sticker words and MME All is Bright Washi tape.

If you'd like to see the other beautiful pages over at the Studio here is the link


All the embossing and the white chevrons.


a little close up of the arrow stitching.


Some more layering and the alphabet stickers.

Also my friend Dawn is having a giveaway on her blog...here are the goodies


She is a super scrapper and bakes some amazing goodies...as well as doing all sorts of other crafty things too so do check out her blog here.


14 comments:

  1. great layout I really want to see the orbit close up cant wait till the Olympic park is open again.
    Thanks for the ad too your are too kind

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab page, love all the layers. There is so much to look at,might have to try more layers onmy LOs. Enjoyed looking through some earlier posts too. caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the layers and embellies on this

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow love it such a fun bright page. Your photo is great at that angle, love ur stitched arrows too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the embossing and what a gret photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you used primary colors and lots of little details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout... thanks for visiting me! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i haven't scrapped mine either. All the patterns are perfect for your photo..love the stitched arrows x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, love how each layer has something different to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing wrong with this page at all! It's lovely.Great colours and so much texture - very impressive photo too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a fabulous photo and I the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous page, I think it's brilliant, it has so many little details.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I'm loving that page, the colours really make the photo pop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your choice of bright and strong colors ♥ they are perfect with the photo and perfect to warm up our senses in this cold weather ♥ lovely page overall

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails