Wednesday 17 April 2013

A Trip Down Memory Lane Retreat 2013


I thought I would show you some of my photos from the ATDML Retreat, we stay at a gorgeous hotel ...and when you walk into our crop room the first thing that tells me we are on the retreat is the smell of paper in the shop!  It smell a bit like raw silk (ok...it could just be me!!!).  You then get some help from Jane to find your desk and there is a bag of goodies to get you going, details of all the challenges and your classes.


I took along a newbie scrapper - who was very worried that she wouldn't be able to keep up with everyone else, she made her first pages at the retreat and did a super job and loved it, and wants to go on another one - so here is a shot of her (my Mum) in her first classes - I'll speak to her nicely and see if I can photo her page to show you.


Karen Moss made us some gorgeous cakes for her last class....so what more could you want - cake, tea and lovely papers.


Here's my Mum hard at work on Karen's page


This is my small mountain of food for Sunday lunch which was delicious.


Onto a few of my creations - this is one of my pages from Ann Freeman's 24/7 class - I used the washing line to style to hang lots of animal photos from the Wild Animal Park at Disney last year.  There was lots of cutting and layering.





This is the other page using 24/7 that we did with Ann- a beautiful hexagon paper that we cut out, and then we made some twine flowers - I like the journalling in the hexagons idea too - so this is one of a few shots that we have of the Disney Castle


I have lots more pages to show you from it, so I'll be back soon.


11 comments:

  1. I adore the page with all the polaroids on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done your mum for going to such an event for the first time and I'm pleased that she ended up enjoying herself - lucky for you too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was the perfect place to enjoy yourself - love the LOs

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh how lovely that your mum joined you and enjoyed herself. A productive time for you both x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this looks like a spectacular retreat--nice location, good company, delightful projects, & yummy food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pages, looks like a fun retreat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that line! Lovely layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pages are lovely. I guess it was all that yummy nourishment that fed your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you've had a great time and I love that page you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh looks like a fun time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails