Tuesday 17 September 2013

My Minion



A while back it was my youngest's birthday and he wanted a minion cake....my initial thoughts were - 'that isn't going to be easy', but here is my attempt made out of swiss roll (that I made) and cake I cooked in a domed bowl!  It did take 2 layers of icing, as the 1st one was too thin, but he was pleased with it.

I used lots of crate papers DIY shop and also the sketch over at the Studio blog - this is the challenge for the next fortnight.  I started with a little misting using yellow and the Tando tangled yarn mask and then added lots of layers behind my photo.  I made a little pocket for the journal tag behind the photo and tied it with some garden twine.  I used some of Crate Papers ephemera pack that goes with the collection, they have loads of beautiful die-cuts - like the typewriter and number 8.  As this is a birthday shot I made my own little set of balloons and tied them with twine, stapling them to the page.  I added few drips of ink and some sequins, as well as edging the top and bottom of the page with washi tape.  The alphabet is a mix of cosmo cricket tiny type and some American Crafts thickers in chipboard.

If you would like to join us over at the Studio then here is the link, there is also lots more inspiration over there too.




4 comments:

  1. hahaha, this is so cute!!! Really adorable page...:) Congrats for the cake too Katherine, I'm in awe! Hugs Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my nephew's first birthday cake as well and I was thinking of making a layout about that! What a coincidence! hahaha

    Great layout with the party theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab page & brilliant cake.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever-I'm impressed with that cake! Love that little embellishment cluster!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails