Monday 30 September 2013

Sea Fishing


The new challenge up at the Studio is to use grids, and I found this the perfect way to use up lots of smaller left over pieces by cutting them into 1" squares.  The papers are all from the Teresa Collins Memorabilia range, which is gorgeous.

I worked out roughly where I wanted my grid shapes and then spritzed my paper with some Tattered Angels Blue patina glimmer mist.  I then stuck my squares down and stitched a grid pattern through them.  Behind the photo I layered up some gauze and then some of the die cut stickers that go with the paper and a little wood veneer boat.  On the other patch of squares I used one of the co-ordinating chipboard buttons and a wood veneer and some gems, which I also clustered near the photo too.  The title is a mix of the Simple Stories snap collection and some American crafts thickers.

We only went sea fishing once.....despite it being a beautiful day it was fairly cool on the pier and we didn't catch anything!  The kids loved having a go at casting as far as they could into the sea and we all went for ice cream afterwards!

If you would like to join us with the grid challenge, or see lots of beautiful pages then here is the link over to the studio.





5 comments:

  1. Your scrap is really beautiful Katherine. I've just look at your last posts and pages, all is gorgeous and full of lovely details each time... love it !! Enjoy your week, see you soon on Tando's blog or forum ! ;) Hugs Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of using a grid and your layout works really well ,I love the blue spritzed background. The little boat is very cute too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS layout! Loving the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that you worked out this grid design in a much more haphazard look! Delish! And the misting is so soft and dreamy!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails