Wednesday 16 October 2013

Beachy Grin

Here's the page that I made for the challenge over at The Studio this week - which is monochrome

 I chose orange, and discovered that loads of the manufacturers use a really similar blend of orange on their papers - in there is Studio Calico, Jillibean, Simple Stories, October Afternoon and My Minds Eye.  As I had to go through my stash and dig out lots of orange it meant that I ended up with lots of small pieces of paper that I could layer up.  I also added some embossed vellum (I used the cuttlebug swiss dots folder for this - I love the little extra touch of texture it adds to a page).  I cut out a heart and then backed it with lots of layers of orange, stitching around it, added some cream and orange lace and then some of the Simple Stories Orange alphabet and word stickers and some flicks of orange mist.  So lots of layers of orange!

The photo is from our holiday and just messing around on the beach....which is where my kids love to spend their time.

Here is a link loads more inspiration over on the blog.






and there is a lovely prize from our sponsor this month




5 comments:

  1. Wow - I love this page - there is so much to look at. You've made me want to get a bit messy and rip/tare papers again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. orange is one of my favourite colours to scrap with...makes a change from blue when you have boys. As always a super layout...all the layers look so good x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning page, lots of detail and I love the orange, it's perfect for the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katherine ! walking on your blog this morning... :) I love this page, really gorgeous with all its beautiful details like your sewed heart, your piece of embossed vellum and the nice ribbons, and all the scraps of orange papers... (I love orange !!). And the photo of your boy is really cute ! Have a lovely week-end my dear Katherine. Hugs Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh.... orange is one of my favourite colours and you have used it for this layout in a great, great way. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails