Monday 24 February 2014

On the Meridian


Here is another page I made with some of the lovely Marion Smith Nirvana collection, and I did get quite messy with it!  Here is the pin that inspired me…pin - it is someone's artwork so I didn't want to copy the image here :)

So I started with a layer of gesso in a V shape and then my gelatos. There is a small circular sponge tool that you can get with them, I damped this and then popped loads of circles in that V shape all over the page in blues, silver and a some gold.  I had a look and wasn't too keen on the very spotty effect with my pictures, so I added some more gesso, and then smudged in gelatos and spritzed with water and then some cosmic shimmer paint to get drips….and this is the rather messy background I got as a result.  I next went to work cutting out little pieces from the Marion Smith papers like the hot air balloons and little tags, and added some 7 gypsies cogs as well as prima lace, and behind the photo is a little journal card - Remember this - all cut out from the papers.  The title is from the Glitz Finley collection.

Even though the page didn't quite turn out as I had imagined in my head, I quite like the mess, and enjoyed making it!








12 comments:

  1. Nice, I like it! I have been doing a lot of art journalling lately, but I admit I haven't had the "courage" to get messy with my scrapbooking yet. I really want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun layout. Love your messy background! I really want some gelatos, need to find some...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful page. You did a great job with being messy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like messy....good fun and pages are never the same! I like the concentrated area of blue forming the v shape

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cool is this. I would never have been able to get the v shape you have there. It looks so good love it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous inky drippage - what an amazing layout!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wonderful page!!!! :) Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love your page. I have lifted it via UKS blog bits. Thanks so much for the inspiration. http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=241900&ppuser=22361
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails