Sunday 21 February 2016

Off to Explore with Simple Stories



I got this set of papers with a Christmas voucher I got for ATDML and since we do lots of camping and I saw this beautiful range from Simple Stories (Under the Stars) I decided to use it to complete a bit more of my album on last summers holiday.  I started with an inky background and then added some layers of stamps in different colours.  At this point I checked out the challenge for the Virtual Crop Weekend on the ATDML blog, and it was to use 7 patterned papers...I went in thinking that was easy and it wasn't til I made my home made geo-tag that I actually managed to get up to the correct number!!  I layered up lots of the papers, and cut out some of the embellishments from the 6 by4" cards, adding dimension with foam dots.  I made my own geo-tag and inked it to hide some of the imperfections.  I used a mix of October Afternoon and Simple Stories alphabets and then some studio calico star veneers.

There are lots of free classes on the blog if you want some inspiration, or you can come and join in with the challenge and post your page on Facebook.  Here is a link.





1 comment:

  1. The colours are great they go so well with the photo. I particularly love the watery background you have used most effective. I have been trying to use paints in or on some of my pages recently.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails