Wednesday, 28 September 2016

Sweet Moments Altered Tin

Before the weather gets too cold I wanted to show you a project I made for Bo Bunny using Sweet Moments papers and also their beautiful flower dies called Perfect Petals.  

It started as a tin can, which I cleaned and removed the label from, then I covered it in some of the 12" paper, then added a layer of burlap and another layer of paper...this one with some glitter paste on  using one of the Fanciful stencils...but you can't see it in this photo.  I then went to work cutting out lots of flowers from the 6" paper pad from Sweet Moments, I curved the petals, inked them and layered them up, in the centre I added some pearlescents and then sprinkled some seed beads.  I also cut out some little green leaves (also from this die set) and tucked them in behind the flowers.  My final steps were adding a little bit of watercolour tea dye ink behind the area where I had stuck my flowers, just to make them stand out even more.

I picked the flowers from my garden - going for a floral and herby bouquet that smelt really nice!

There are loads of beautiful Sweet Moments projects on their blog this week so here is the link if you want to get some more inspiration.

Sunday, 25 September 2016

Explore with BoBunny

Explore scrapbook page bobunny take a hike

Hi, I have an abundance of BoBunny pages and projects to show you over the coming week.  Jill sent me some gorgeous papers for this months gallery at A Trip Down Memory Lane, and I used Take a Hike by BoBunny for this page.  

I started with a wash of white gesso using a dry brush so it is a really thin layer, then I added some stamping and then some of the BoBunny copper glitter paste.  Whilst that was drying I started to layer up my papers around my photo - I also added some copper tape we used at the last ATDML retreat, just adding it as a layer under my paper layers.  I coloured some gauze with brown distress stains, and then used a few elements from the Noteworthy pack that co-ordinates with the papers.  I dug out a prima linen tag and inked that up for the other side of the photo as well as a cork heart that I had picked up at the works.  So just lots of layering of some of my favourite bits, a little bit of stitching and a fair amount of mess!

The photo is from trip to Dovedale earlier in the year.

Explore scrapbook page bobunny take a hike

Explore scrapbook page bobunny take a hike

Explore scrapbook page bobunny take a hike

Thursday, 15 September 2016


Here is the 3rd page that I made out of the Memorandum collection for ATDML - for this one I went with a patchwork diamond effect, layering up all the colours and also some of the paper clip acetate that is in this collection.  It is really straightforward and you just go from the top down layering up the papers - it would work well with 6" pads or paper offcuts.

This is me trying to get a nice smile from my son - he does have a 'photo smile' and I much prefer it when I see his proper smile like this, so normally I have to try and make him laugh!

Monday, 12 September 2016

On the Track

Here is the next page that I made for the Virtual Crop using Pink Paislee Memorandum....I mentioned that there were lots of elements on the paper with letters on....well here are lots more of them!  I really enjoyed piecing them all together, and added a little bit of watercolour to the page as well - both on the paper and some of the elements.

The photo is of me having a try at go-karting with my youngest, he was disappointed that he didn't get to drive, and it took me a little while to realise you could just drive the whole track with your foot down the whole way, but I did practise getting really good lines into the corners!!!  It was lots of fun.

Saturday, 10 September 2016

You and Me

Here is a page I made for the August Virtual Crop with A Trip Down Memory Lane, it uses the lovely Pink Paislee Memorandum collection....and Jill challenged me with some purple, which is not a colour that comes up lots in scrapbooking....don't know why!

I used a photo of one of the Vintage style swings that they have at Butlins - I am up there with my son.  I went with the 1/3/2/3 rule and the bottom half used the patterned purple paper - I cunningly used the strip that was on the base of the paper (the floral line) at the top, so no extra cutting.  I also cut out a few flowers from the floral side of the paper.  In this range there is an alphabet sheet of paper - it also has loads of other little images you can cut out and you will see on one of the other pages that I made, but I worked out my title and which letter versions went best with the papers, then added them on foam dots, along with a little sprinkling of ink!

If you are quick there are still a couple of kits left in the shop here.

Tuesday, 6 September 2016


I have been busy printing photos and preparing some of my first projects for BoBunny, this one was shown a little while back, it was made for the final round of their DT call and with their Butterfly Kisses papers.  I also have a video - which is fairly long, and you get me waffling over the top but I hope you enjoy it.  Apart from the fact that I was really nervous about having a go it was great fun to make with their crackle pastes and glitter pastes and mists.

Here is the video....

I've had a few projects posted - do check out their blog and leave me a comment :)

There are lots of pictures of some of the details too..


Related Posts with Thumbnails