Wednesday 28 September 2016

Sweet Moments Altered Tin


Before the weather gets too cold I wanted to show you a project I made for Bo Bunny using Sweet Moments papers and also their beautiful flower dies called Perfect Petals.  

It started as a tin can, which I cleaned and removed the label from, then I covered it in some of the 12" paper, then added a layer of burlap and another layer of paper...this one with some glitter paste on  using one of the Fanciful stencils...but you can't see it in this photo.  I then went to work cutting out lots of flowers from the 6" paper pad from Sweet Moments, I curved the petals, inked them and layered them up, in the centre I added some pearlescents and then sprinkled some seed beads.  I also cut out some little green leaves (also from this die set) and tucked them in behind the flowers.  My final steps were adding a little bit of watercolour tea dye ink behind the area where I had stuck my flowers, just to make them stand out even more.

I picked the flowers from my garden - going for a floral and herby bouquet that smelt really nice!

There are loads of beautiful Sweet Moments projects on their blog this week so here is the link if you want to get some more inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments so thank you for leaving me one :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails